DCCD Engineering Corporation
DCCD was formed in 1957 to address the demand for a comprehensive package of engineering services. Over time, DCCD has maintained its leadership position in the engineering consultancy business and is the first engineering consulting firm in the country that has been awarded an ISO 9001 Certification. This certification proves the following for DCCD: it has a Quality Management System that meets ISO 9001 standards, it continuously maintains its Quality System, it safeguards its policy statements by employing the latest technology and upgrading the skills of its people, it highly motivates its staff, and it is committed to continuous improvement and change. In 2012, we received the certificates of ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System) for an Integrated QEHSMS Certification, which is again a first for a Filipino engineering consultancy company.
DCCD values its human resource which constitutes its greatest asset. This commitment is translated through having staff members highly qualified and motivated to act as responsive members of a coordinated team. For the 1st quarter of year 2017, DCCD’s manpower complement averaged 417 personnel, of whom about 80% are professional staff and senior experts and engineers rendering technical expertise in broad engineering fields here and abroad and 20% are technical support staff. Committed to address all the demands of a given project, DCCD utilizes outside expertise through commissioning of local as well as expatriate consultants through associated companies. Moreover, as may be demanded by the nature and scope of the tasks, as in the case of highly specialized and complex projects, DCCD may enter into collaboration with local and foreign firms. Its market domain is not limited to the Philippines. In consonance with the long-term objective of going beyond the domestic market, DCCD has undertaken projects offshore. DCCD expects that its continued involvement in the overseas market will boost further its already considerable experience in the traditional and non-traditional fields of engineering consultancy.
- To be the leader, in competition with global players, in initiating, packaging and integrating prestige projects and in on-budget and on-time delivery of premium-value engineering and management services.
- To lead in the use of innovative, technologically advanced approaches and solutions to the problems of handling men, money, methods and materials.
- To enable our people to enhance their technical skills and to gain global experience.
To contribute, through our services, to the sustainable development of the area and country where we operate.
We contribute our own share in the economic development of our nation by:
- Helping in the government’s infrastructure planning and development program which consists of providing the necessary facilities required by businesses, as well as improving the living conditions and quality of life of the Filipinos.
- Helping the private sector in their business development efforts by providing the engineering expertise for land development and construction of commercial, institutional and industrial complexes, among others.
- Helping create jobs as we pursue our business activities.
OUR QUALITY, ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, AND SAFETY POLICY
DCCD Engineering Corporation, a leader in the local engineering consultancy industry, with its pool of engineering professionals, is committed to maintaining the highest level of technical expertise in providing quality service to satisfy clients, and to promote awareness in environmental and health and safety practices of the company in order to be a responsible member of society.
To achieve this policy, DCCD will:
- Provide value-added services using innovative technology;
- Adopt a participative leadership style through teamwork and effective communication;
- Continually develop the technical and managerial competence of its human resource through training and education;
- Provide services that are environmentally and socially acceptable;
- Commit to prevent pollution, injury, and the ill-health of all stakeholders;
- Commit to comply with applicable regulatory and statutory requirements that DCCD subscribes to in relation to its identified environmental, occupational health and safety aspects, and hazards;
- Continually improve the effectiveness of its integrated management system through the formulation, implementation, and monitoring of relevant objectives and programs.